First swim back today after six weeks! I’ve been counting down the days since my surgery, waiting for today. It was flat, it was sunny, but man was it 48 deg!
And let’s be clear: the water felt like 48. I did not.
During one of those long 42 days out of the water, I wrote down all of the new swims my buddies and I did this summer, back when it was warmer. And mostly sunny. And not November.
Thanks for a great summer, guys. The pic below was taken back when Island County was in Phase 3, and outdoor groups of 50 or less could gather. After this, we swam in groups of 10 or less. (Yep, that’s my disclaimer, folks.)
If you read this list and remember one we did that I forgot, please let me know.
New Summer Swims 2020
- Chuckanut Bay
- Lake Cle Elum
- Columbia River
- Clackamas River
- Willamette River
- Whidbey-to-Mukilteo Ferry Crossing (almost to Edmonds!)
- Whidbey-to-Camano Crossing (both days!)
- Clinton ferry park
- Double Bluff to Robinson Beach
- Phosphorescence Night Swims Useless Bay
- Bush Point
- Bush Point to Shore Meadow
- Lagoon Point to Bush Point
- Glendale to Sandy Hook
- Bells Beach to Baby Island
- Beverly Beach to Baby Island
- Greenbank Farm Wonn Road public access
- Ebeys Landing
- Driftwood Park to Keystone Spit
- Golden Gardens
- Mukilteo Ferry to Boeing dock
Not too bad for a global pandemic summer laced with surgery anxiety. Here’s to new experiences in crappy times. Somehow they just shine a little brighter.
–TJ Wiley Forsyth